Nearly finished! I was hoping to get this done last night, but I underestimated how annoying all the raised metal areas would be to paint, so I have yet to add all the finishing touches to it. Hopefully one more night on it and the whole model should be complete!
Wonder what I should do next – Probably more cultists – sigh.
Another quick update on the Heldrake!
Hoping to have it finished tonight!
Managed to make something of a start on the Heldrake’s body. Still early days and the spine needs more work, but the skin took me ages. All the areas with mixed flesh and piping was particularly time consuming, but at least now it is done!
This basically leaves me with the red and silver areas to do and the model should be finished. Whilst this part is annoying, it isn’t as time consuming as the flesh parts!
Heldrake’s head has now been given a lick of paint. I will be touching this up as the last thing to be done. The metal work needs more depth and the eyes need a little more detail added to them. But I am so far happy with it.
I decided last night that I wanted to get the body started before I finished the head so that I could just sit and focus on it without wondering how the body would fit into the rest of the paint scheme!
Another update on my Heldrake.
I managed to get the neck pretty much done (still needs blood added to it) and started on the head.
The reasoning behind using the flesh tone I have picked is because I am heavily inspired by the Akira mutations, as seen in the film “Akira”! If you haven’t watched the movie (for shame) this is what I mean.
I did attempt to paint the pipes varying colours to show different levels of pressure on the skin, but it ended up looking a little weird.
Anyway, I am hoping to finish the head tonight, then it will just be a case of painting the torso and then it’s done!
Another quick update on Helldrake progress.
Last night I got the feet done.
The fleshy coloured pipe on the back of the claw will eventually be touched up with some blood effects. Much like my Hellbrute was. It should also give you the sense of the colours I will be using for the rest of the piped/fleshy areas on the model. It means I can retain a general overall theme for the army on the table top, and I personally think stretched out flesh on a daemon engine is cool!
So last night I finished the second wing for my Helldrake.
So I sat there, as you do, playing with the miniature as a whole, and seeing how things will sit together once finished. I realised at that point, that this bugger is much bigger than I realised. I have honestly no idea how I am going to store this thing for travelling. Even when it isn’t sat on it’s flying base it’s still a damn big bugger. I think I am going to need a damn big box.
As an aside I started working on the claws.
They look like cool little chaos drones or something!
Just a quick update. Really difficult to take pictures of this at the moment, but this is the progress so far.
Nearly finished the second one too, so should be able to make a start on the neck and head some time this weekend!
As well as providing hobby news and general articles, I will be using the site as something of a blog for myself. I will never feature the blog as a main article, but I will have it easily accessible for anyone who likes following that sort of thing.
You’ll have to forgive the rather poor title image until I can whip something better up!
Anyway, its been a while since I did anything like painting. My pc died a week or so ago and ever since then I have been building a new one, and the hobby side of things has had to suffer because of it.
Anyway, here is the stuff I am working on at the moment.
The Heldrake is a pain of a model. All those rivets, all that metal raised areas are enough to drive you a little mad. To top it off I am not particularly happy with how the metal looks on the wings. I tried a new technique out and I am not that happy with it. So I am tempted to go back and do the metal again.