I have finished the first five Plaguebearers for my Maggotkin army. I tend to stick with the mortal side of models for my army, but I need some daemons for summoning.
One of the first projects I ever completed back in the day was my Cawdor gang. The old metal models were amazing at the time, and I still have them in storage somewhere.
As my painting time is limited to an hour or so most evenings, I decided to crack on with my half finished projects. And I thought it was high time for the “The Sickness” (gang name, in no way related to the band) to get a face lift.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the new Thousand Sons Infernal Master model.
This is a really cool model, although the swirly daemon summoning magic stuff looks like it could break at any time. Doesn’t fill me with confidence taking it to places for games.
However, the none twisted backpack, and the whole concept is very cool. Nice little nods here and there to the heresy.
These guys were pretty “horrifying” to photograph! 😀
I don’t have as much time for painting these days as I used to, so I decided to get these done to what I consider my table top standard. I plan on using them for both my Thousand Sons, and my Disciples of Tzeentch army, whenever I get round to that.
I don’t tend to return to old models, but in Ahriman’s case, I made an exception.
This old metal model is one of the first I ever collected for Chaos, and he was the reason I made a strong connection with the Thousand Sons. I have tried to keep as much of my older paint job on him I could, whilst making sure he fit the paint scheme for my current force.
It’s nothing special, but the model holds a special place in my collection.
I have recently finished off the last 5 miniatures for my Thousand Sons Squad with Bolters!
I have just finished painting a Mutalith Vortex Beast for my Thousand Sons.
As with most of my gaming pieces these days, I decided to build this model fully before painting. However, I realised how much of a mistake it was when it came to the portal, and the tentacles, so had to pry them off. Tricky model to paint this, but happy with the results given it is a gaming piece.
I have finished the Starblood Stalkers.
Truth is, this lot have been on my desk in a near finished state for ages, but between the heat and my new job, painting time has been limited. Last night I decided to finish their bases off and clear them off the painting table.
I have finished the generic Haemonculus for my Dark Eldar.
This is a gaming piece, so to stop myself going to far down the rabbit hole with the paint job I did two things.
- I completely built the model before I painted it. It made the process trickier, but it turned out okay.
- I gave myself a day to paint it. I tried this recently with two miniatures, and I was happy with the result, so decided to stick with it.
I have Urien Rakarth for my army, but the fact that he is a resin model fills me with sadness. 🙁
I’m still pressed for time when it comes to painting, I have a lot going on that takes my attention away from the hobby. However, I have had this pain Engine in a half complete state for a while, and I managed to get it finished this morning.