I am finally getting round to painting up a new Word Bearers army. Unlike my previous army, I really wanted to strike a more sinister, darker tone for the army.
This is the first of many models!
Recently, any Word Bearers I have painted have been characters, and I have blended the dark red and black together. This is fine for characters, however for rank and file troops it is time consuming. And for the entire army it meant there would be inconsistent shades of red across different units.
To get around this I have mixed together my own dark red for the base colour.
This is a mix of Abaddon Black and Mephiston red. Knowing I would need a lot of it, I mix them together into one pot. So any unit I paint now will be the exact same colour as the next.
I am hoping to get the whole army done by next summer. So I foresee a lot a Word Bearers in my future!
I decided to take a break from Nurgle and Ultramarines and paint up the new Valerian and Aleya miniatures. I really like the books, so was keen to pop a bit of paint on them. I’ve also never painted a Custodian or a Sister of Silence, so thought it was as good a time as any!
I decided to do a little bit of NMM on the eagle on Aleya’s cloak, but since these will be gaming pieces, I just stuck with normal metals for these two.
I have finished yet another miniature for my Maggotkin, this is a Lord of Afflictions. I am very close to having my base 2000 points completed. Just four Pusgoyle Blightlords to paint up then it’s done. Will need to paint up some daemons to summon though!
I have been working on this trio of brothers for a while. I have tried a few things out on him, mainly special effects and different kinds of blending and shading. He’s been on the painting desk for a long time, but the recent self-isolation guidelines have helped speed my progress up on him!