Slowly working away on this guy. Nearly done, hopefully have him finished by tonight!
Okay, that’s the fourth possessed marine finished!
I now only have two more left to do, and then I need to either buy some more, or convert them to make them a full squad!
Not sure how I feel about the green goo. I tried to put it on the model sparingly so it suggests he is all plagued up, but not too much so that it makes him look more like a plague marine than a possessed Word Bearer.
Still, the goo itself is ace, will probably revisit some nurgle miniatures with it at some point in the future!
I wanted to share a simple yet effective technique I stumbled across. This is a really good guide to doing chipped armour on tanks (or any armour for that matter) and it is really simple to!
It’s really worth checking out if you have ever wondered how it’s done. Here is a picture from the article to show the effect.
I couldn’t get in touch with Joel (AKA Hades) but it’s a great guide and I don’t think he will mind me sharing it.
Third possessed marine WIP. Really happy with the tone of the red on this guy. I don’t know the reason why, but whenever I take a break from painting my Word Bearers the formula for the red I like just slips my mind, it takes me a few practice models to get it right again. This never happens when I paint my Ultramarines!
It’s been quite a while since I have painted anything, and I’m feeling a little out of practice. Dissertation has come and gone, and I have found an hour or so at the end of every day of exam revision to get a bit of painting in to wind down and let all the information sink in.
Out of all the possessed models I have, this was my “worst” model, I just don’t like the legs, they make no sense, even for a daemon infused monster!
Obviously not finished yet, but wanted to share my work in progress!