Well I finished the Possessed Champion.
After some consideration, I may eventually convert something a little more fitting than this poor excuse for a miniature. I could feel all interest in the hobby draining from me with every brush struck!
I managed to pick up some miniatures after I made a short journey back home the other day! I was determined to find some models that I know I will be using in actual games.
I know Possessed are terrible according to the internet, but the truth is they are very relevant to Word Bearers and I reckon they can be made to work.
Eventually there will be nine in total, but I need to purchase some more to finish the squad off. The squad leader is a limited edition possessed champion from an old box set.
It is quite possibly the worst miniature ever created. It’s so bad I know I have to have it in my army! And with it being a rare limited edition model it makes it even better! What’s great about this model, is that it comes with a plasma pistol… which Possessed can’t even use!
Finally finished this monster!
I can’t say it the best miniature I have ever painted. The raised metal areas are a real pain, and the “feet” of the miniature are ridiculous. They really make the whole model deserve its nickname of “Helturkey”.
But I do like the overall shape and the the theme of the model. Pilot merged with Daemon merged with vehicle. But I think it could have been executed much better in areas. Plus the model is a real paint to glue together.
Anyway, here are some pics! I will be finishing the base later tonight.
Nearly finished! I was hoping to get this done last night, but I underestimated how annoying all the raised metal areas would be to paint, so I have yet to add all the finishing touches to it. Hopefully one more night on it and the whole model should be complete!
Wonder what I should do next – Probably more cultists – sigh.
Managed to make something of a start on the Heldrake’s body. Still early days and the spine needs more work, but the skin took me ages. All the areas with mixed flesh and piping was particularly time consuming, but at least now it is done!
This basically leaves me with the red and silver areas to do and the model should be finished. Whilst this part is annoying, it isn’t as time consuming as the flesh parts!
Heldrake’s head has now been given a lick of paint. I will be touching this up as the last thing to be done. The metal work needs more depth and the eyes need a little more detail added to them. But I am so far happy with it.
I decided last night that I wanted to get the body started before I finished the head so that I could just sit and focus on it without wondering how the body would fit into the rest of the paint scheme!
Another update on my Heldrake.
I managed to get the neck pretty much done (still needs blood added to it) and started on the head.
The reasoning behind using the flesh tone I have picked is because I am heavily inspired by the Akira mutations, as seen in the film “Akira”! If you haven’t watched the movie (for shame) this is what I mean.
I did attempt to paint the pipes varying colours to show different levels of pressure on the skin, but it ended up looking a little weird.
Anyway, I am hoping to finish the head tonight, then it will just be a case of painting the torso and then it’s done!
Another quick update on Helldrake progress.
Last night I got the feet done.
The fleshy coloured pipe on the back of the claw will eventually be touched up with some blood effects. Much like my Hellbrute was. It should also give you the sense of the colours I will be using for the rest of the piped/fleshy areas on the model. It means I can retain a general overall theme for the army on the table top, and I personally think stretched out flesh on a daemon engine is cool!