I have had a little break from painting recently, but found my mojo again the other day, and managed to finish off the Wurmspat from Warhammer Underworlds. Love these models and they fit very nicely into my Maggotkin Army!
The Lord Discordant is finished!
It’s always off with a model like this. I always want to do that little bit more with it, but it is a gaming piece. So it’s knowing when to stop. Cracking model though!
Work continues on my Lord Discordant.
I have been continuing my Word Bearers. After finishing the first 5 man squad, I am now working on a character. The first of which is the Lord Discordant.
Such a cool model, the temptation to go OTT on it is very strong!
So, this is the first squad of my new Word Bearers force. Looking forward to spending a bit more time with this paint scheme on a character soon (maybe when it isn’t so damn warm!)
Here is the same squad but on different backgrounds!
I am finally getting round to painting up a new Word Bearers army. Unlike my previous army, I really wanted to strike a more sinister, darker tone for the army.
This is the first of many models!
Recently, any Word Bearers I have painted have been characters, and I have blended the dark red and black together. This is fine for characters, however for rank and file troops it is time consuming. And for the entire army it meant there would be inconsistent shades of red across different units.
To get around this I have mixed together my own dark red for the base colour.
This is a mix of Abaddon Black and Mephiston red. Knowing I would need a lot of it, I mix them together into one pot. So any unit I paint now will be the exact same colour as the next.
I am hoping to get the whole army done by next summer. So I foresee a lot a Word Bearers in my future!
I have had this model built and undercoated ready to be painted since he came out. And I have finally got round to popping a quick lick of paint on him!
I love the model, but I am not sure he has a place in my 9th edition Word Bearers army, so I haven’t spent too much time on him.
Since the Indomitus box set was announced, I decided I wanted to try and get the Dark Imperium set painted before the new box, and new edition, was released.
I’d already painted some of the box, in the shape of an Intercessor squad and, I had replaced the two lieutenants with models I preferred (one of them was the official Ultramarines model, soooooo….).
Over the last few weeks and months, I managed to paint the whole box set (well, the marines at any rate). Finishing the last model today, the Ancient!
Below are the images of all the different squads and characters!
Well, this is the last model of the Dark Imperium challenge. The Ancient!
Some of the paint job here is a little ropey in places, but I am just about ready to paint something other than my Ultramarines for a while!
I have also kind of cheated, I replaced the two lieutenants with two models I preferred. But I think that’s fair enough! This was a cracking set of miniatures. Looking forward to Indomitus now!