[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golden Throne - View topic - Terror and close combat
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Terror and close combat 

Post Terror and close combat
We came across an interesting situation last night that left me a bit puzzled.

What happens if a Terror-causing unit charges an enemy that is already in close combat from a previous turn? Do they test as normal and can flee if they fail? What then happens to the unit they were in combat with? I assume they cannot pursue since they have not won a round of close combat this turn so are they just stranded there? Can they move (as the Remaining Moves sub-phase has not happened yet)?
The rules say that a unit in CC is immune to Panic but I can't find any passage saying it's immune to psychology altogether...

Any thoughts, fine Gentlemen?

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:16 pm
Best Manwhore 2007, Least Coherent 2006

Post Re: Terror and close combat
I'm guessing that since the target is already in combat, the Panic test from being charged is ignored. I seem to remember something about troops being to concerned with the fighting to notice fleeing troops, which would normal cause a Panic check. As it's the same test, the Panic is ignored. The charged unit would still need to take it's Fear test though.

Or at least that's how I'd interpret it.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:55 am

Ooooooh, because Terror now causes a Panic test! 8th Edition has been around for so long and it still has the capacity to completely surprise me. Isn't this game wonderful? :smileyork:

Thanks, Uzgah!

Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:57 pm
Best Manwhore 2007, Least Coherent 2006

Yeah it's that weird think that they folded so many of the old tests in to the more generic Panic! test it still throws a few curve-balls.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:41 am

Weird perhaps, but for several glaring flaws (random charges!), 8th is the most streamlined and smooth-playing edition I've had contact with - and I've been playing since 4th! I like how visibly, with every game I play, it's less of a struggle against the rules and more against my opponent! :smileyork:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm
The Locksmith

8th Edition is/was superb to play - From the perspective of someone who never really played WHFB beforehand, it just feels so polished I want to rub my cheek against it and purr. Throw in something like Storm of Magic, and it's just the best.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]