[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golden Throne - View topic - 28mm scale equivalents.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 28mm scale equivalents. 

Post 28mm scale equivalents.
Hi there. Can people settle whether generic 1:35 scale models are close enough to 28mm to work. Thinking mainly for some vehicles and scenic pieces. Anyone feel like also suggesting other sources of suppliers for parts.
My first nomination is for Anvil Industries; a resin parts manufacturer that are fantastic for Marine/Chaos marine and some Imperial Guard conversions.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 pm
Our man in Australia

Post Re: 28mm scale equivalents.
Hrm, Anvil Industries stuff sure looks about the right size. Definitely some great conversion potential there too. Maybe just order a few heads for cheap and check?

I've no idea about generic 1:35 matching to 28mm scale though, sorry :(

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 am
Profile WWW

Sorry, didnt make that quite clear. Have had bits from Anvil Industries;namely the box magazines, telescopic scopes and spartan crests pack. All fit pretty nicely onto bolters and most Marine helmets. Was tempted by the pre-heresy -segemented-sideways shoulder pads. Saw someone in GW store with them and he said they were no problem. Looked great,especially on the terminators.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 am
Best Manwhore 2007, Least Coherent 2006

From a post I think I remember seeing on TMP the sculptor admitted that they were produced to be compatible with "a big manufacturers figures, compatible with marines from space". As such I think, and read anecdotes on Ammo Bunker, where people have used loads of his bits and pieces and been very pleased with them.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Most standard 1:35 models are too small for the "heroic" 28mm GW uses (30 to 35mm is usual for height). I've found Tamiya 1:35 heavy weapon stuff to be okay for more realistic magazines for Boltguns, things like BAR magazines and belt-feeds for tank AA guns like the 0.5" M2 are nice for old-school bolters. The actual weapons are too small to be anything but autoguns unfortunately, but the accoutrements are good and they are way cheaper than most 28mm gear. However, the guys and vehicles are all far too small to use unmodified.

Because of the disparity between 1:35 and "heroic" 28mm, the best thing you can do is to just eyeball it if you can. Get a model you want to convert and compare to what you want to kit-bash it with.

Colonel-QM, Head of Q Branch and "Requisitions", Overlord of the SpamFleet.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 pm
Hell, It's About Time

I've recently been fiddling about with some 1:35 and 1:24 scale cars that I got cheap in a model shop sale.

I'm gonna chop 'em up a lot to use as converted ork buggies and trukks, so I'll be experimenting a lot with how many crew you can realistically fit in them and how easy it is to mount GW scale weaponry on them - Orks in particular are an extreme of the 28mm Hero scale, as their heads, hands and weapons are deliberately oversized, even in comparison to other races.

The cars I got are both Mini Coopers - I'm planning an Italian Job style Gorkamorka gang, or buggy squadron, or just using the larger scale one as a funky wartrukk.

PYFM 2014 SCORE: 51
Most recent project completed:

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]