[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golden Throne - View topic - The digital economy bill (UK)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The digital economy bill (UK) 
Hey Tim, What's My Password Again

Post The digital economy bill (UK)
is this good or bad for us?

[url=http://mechanicalhijinks.wordpress.com/] University and personal Blog (update 27/10) [/url]

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 pm
Count Tits Von Jiggle

The Daily Show website has full episodes but I can't watch them because LOL UK and thus I download them. I shouldn't be punished for downloading a show I would have no other access to otherwise. Same goes for most of the crap I download. I do so because there's no other way for me to get it.

"Does it really have to be as complicated as we make it? Does there have to be electrons in the s,p,d and f orbital each receiving an electron before gaining another? Can't ponies just hug and make hydrogen?"

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 pm

If people didn't steal stuff then the government would not have to legislate. I you want something then pay for it and this whole mess would go away. I don't download music or movies and mainly not from a moral high ground point of view. I can't be arsed waiting a day for a dodgy poorly filmed movie to arrive on my harddrive and bring a ton of crap like viruses or just not the movie I expected.

I know plenty of people who rip stuff off and some of them offer me copies on CD or DVD. I should probably give them the moral lecture but I usually just nod my head and thank them for their offer but never take them up on it. I don't want to waist 2 hours of my life watching a good movie in poor quality to save the £6 it costs to buy the film from Tesco 3 months after it's release date.

There is a load of fluff put up by the freetards to justify stealing stuff but these are not valid reasons to steal. For instance retarded distribution companies releasing things in one country first and another several months later. In recent times it has become the norm the have a single release date worldwide to counter the number of people downloading things they really want to watch.

Not having any money or being a poor student is also no excuse. Once upon a time I had no money and I still didn't steal stuff. Some days I think I might like a Porsche but that doesn't mean I pop out a take someone else's, I simply go without after all I won't starve to death if I don't have a Porsche and neither will I starve to death if I don't watch the latest movie or listen to the latest crap from the pop chart.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 pm
Count Tits Von Jiggle

"Does it really have to be as complicated as we make it? Does there have to be electrons in the s,p,d and f orbital each receiving an electron before gaining another? Can't ponies just hug and make hydrogen?"

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:08 pm
Master of the Guild of Players

5786 " Wettest. Drought. Ever."

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 pm

-please pass on if you know anyone with a disability!
PYFM 2011: 91.5 points - year target 100 points

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 pm
Count Tits Von Jiggle

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:07 pm
Count Tits Von Jiggle

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Colonel-QM, Head of Q Branch and "Requisitions", Overlord of the SpamFleet.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 am

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Best Non-GW Model 2007

Location: FFS, if the game is good, and you like it, and you have the books and the army, you dont HAVE to pla

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Our man in Australia

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
PYFM - FAILED! - by 72 Minis. Proper Baddie!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm
PYFM - FAILED! - by 72 Minis. Proper Baddie!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Feudal Guard, ZOMBIIIS

PYFM200-0

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:35 am
Our man in Australia

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

http://search.theregister.co.uk/?q=australia+isp

Just a few of the articles. But hey just pop in any country and the words firewall or isp filtering and you can see that everyone is at it.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:03 pm
Best Non-GW Model 2007

Location: FFS, if the game is good, and you like it, and you have the books and the army, you dont HAVE to pla
THe car anology sucks because its obviously a moral issue. If I run somone over, what the fuck? THey are dead, no comeback. As for downloading? Shit, the original still esist AND another copy too! Thats the beuaty of the modern digital media.

IN the end, my isp is making money from me, if I were to download something illegally then they are making the proffit. Simple. They can track all the downloads and pay the producers, no? Why cant we legislate for that? YOu cant stop peer to peer, its basically impossible to prevent even over normal telphone connections. THerefore, the ISps whould have to pay up for providing the service. Makes most sense to me.

Essentially, the way we distribute digital media has advanced past the models for charging for it. We simply need new models for online business. One way would be for ISPs to offer a service where I pay more and can download what I want from whoever.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next