[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golden Throne - View topic - Who else been at the sharp end of this one
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who else been at the sharp end of this one 

Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Haha yeah you do get sympathy out of me mate as i think everybody should be able to enjoy a wank and its a shame if you experience pain because of it, just the same as i would feel sorry for someone who had a gimpy knee so couldnt enjoy soccer fully because of it. You never asked for this to happen to you and the only way to avoid it is to give up something you should be able to do.

A person in an abusive relationship has the control over whether they are abused or not, they can end the relationship and form a healthy relationship with someone who does not abuse them, if you complained about a pain because you enjoyed having a wank while also holding some rusting nails in your wanking hand then you would not get sympathy, you could have a perfectly enjoyable normal wank but you choose to have one that will inflict pain on you.

True if you play with guns you could get shot, i completely agree, i just don't see soldiers as playing with guns. When some gangsta rapper gets gunned down in a drive by then yeah i couldnt give a crap as most of these incidents are around drug selling territory rights and the rappa is carrying plenty of illegal guns themselves. However i dont view most soldiers as gun happy loons, granted there are always going to be a few people like that but most soldiers seem to do it out of a sense of duty and love for their country and view their job as securing the safety of their country mens lives by risking their own.

To me a human being risking their own life to help save another's is always heroic and one of the most dramatic and beautiful things you can do in this world besides actually creating and giving birth to a child, i wonder is it just the militaristic side of this risk that is bothering you? would you feel sympathy for a fireman who dies? i mean a fireman knows the risks just the same as a soldier, he enters a burning building which everyone knows is dangerous and risks his very life so if a fireman died trying to rescue another person in a burning building would you think the same and say someone playing with fire is going to get burned?

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 pm
The Locksmith

Gentlemen, whilst I appreciate there is an entirely healthy level of friendly ribbing occuring and much of what you're saying is tongue-in-cheek, please ensure that your examples and allegory do not become so vulgar as to constitute a breach of .

Personally I favour Maguined's arguments concerning the exercise of freewill as the final arbiter of sympathy.

That said, my limited experience of the armed forces, leads me to follow an argument not too dissimilar to Caspah's in regards to the choices of those currently serving in our military. Whilst I'll readily accept there is a broad cross-section of the armed forces that join up either to protect their countrymen or better themselves, I think there is also a distinctly sizeable portion which consists entirely of arseholes incapable of functioning in normal society. I would go so far as to describe them as individuals who would actually be a danger to society, if not placed within the restrictive confines of military service and given the outlet of being trained to kill; and even then it does not always curb their worst excesses when placed back in civilian contexts. I challenge anyone who thinks differently, to spend a night clubbing and pubbing in Colchester or any of the surrounding towns when the boys are on R&R, and still have a different opinion to mine in the morning. I also find it abhorrent that we excuse such behaviour, because they're supposedly our defenders; apparently defending us from everyone save themselves. Although I'll concede that this may actually be a minority ruining the good name of the majority; my experiences are limited, and mostly unpleasant. In addition to this, whilst I appreciate it will doubtless win me no friends (especially given the number of military throners) I find it distinctly difficult to respect people whose sense of ideals lead them to fight for causes not their own and which they cannot honestly believe nor see the rectitude in. I see nothing noble, in surrendering your person and your life to a cause you feel is fundamentally flawed, unjust or corrupt - In fact I find the thought quite terrifying...

...perhaps this is better discussed in a separate thread however, as it seems to be getting away from the topic of abusive relationships?

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2