[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Golden Throne - View topic - Army on display board
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Army on display board 

Which army to make an army on display board
Space Wolves 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Necrons 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Ork Speed Freaks 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7

Army on display board 
Hey Tim, What's My Password Again

Post Army on display board
I've been thinking of making an army on display board for quite some time. I've got a few ideas, but can't seem to decide on one. So, i'm asking my fellow throners.

Space Wolves
My first thought is a logan wing, Space wolves army. Lots of termies with drop pods coming into land. I'd be hoping to find a way to pin one up in the air and have a smoke plume coming from the bottom of it. Like it's retros are firing to slow it down. Will probably be on some snowy plane and I'll throw in some fliers.

Necrons
I honestly have no idea on these guys. Recently picked up a bunch of models to start a new army. I've not even got a paint scheme sorted yet. So any idea's are welcome.

Ork Speek Freaks
I love the idea of an ork speed freaks army. This will involve lots of vehicles (obvs) and I'll do my best to emulate a mad max 2 theme. But with added fliers, Gazghull and a gargant if I can make the space.

What do you think?

[url=http://mechanicalhijinks.wordpress.com/] University and personal Blog (update 27/10) [/url]

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am
CAPTAIN KILLJOY

Post Re: Army on display board
You seem more into the SW idea.

But something like this I would just go for whatever you really really are into.

If you start something you are unsure of it wont work :/

Good luck though! Remember to share pics! :D

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am

Space Wolves all the way. From the short description you gave I know it's something i'd love to see. :coolork:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm
Our man in Australia

Moar orks please. Speed Freeks rule.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Hell, It's About Time

All good ideas!
If you have no plans for the Necrons though, probably drop 'em as a parade army.
I concur with the letter Tim though, there is always opportunity for moar orks.

Sent from my CYBORG-BRAIN

PYFM 2014 SCORE: 51
Most recent project completed:

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Ork bikes driving down a raised motorway with cracked concrete and rebar sticking out and maybe a swarm of orks on foot scuttling underneath.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am

The retro firing drop pod is a classic image (retros are for pansies!!! Just hit the dirt and disembark already! Youve got strong bones!!! RANT OVER) but seriously,v cool and cant think of anywhere ive seen it done for AonP yet. :)in as for necrons, how about them i their tomb. Could have a big portal at one end all Stargate-y. Models have subsumed in it.... and warriors still on the walls in harnesses ala droids in the Star wars Ep1 transporters. Just a thought.
the best AonP entries are those with a bit originality. Eg the Nid jungle army that had a Trygon head poking out the pond and the chameleonic lictor in the trees. Let your passion guide you. :surprisedork:

Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]