I am finally getting round to painting up a new Word Bearers army. Unlike my previous army, I really wanted to strike a more sinister, darker tone for the army.
This is the first of many models!
Recently, any Word Bearers I have painted have been characters, and I have blended the dark red and black together. This is fine for characters, however for rank and file troops it is time consuming. And for the entire army it meant there would be inconsistent shades of red across different units.
To get around this I have mixed together my own dark red for the base colour.
This is a mix of Abaddon Black and Mephiston red. Knowing I would need a lot of it, I mix them together into one pot. So any unit I paint now will be the exact same colour as the next.
I am hoping to get the whole army done by next summer. So I foresee a lot a Word Bearers in my future!
Next up on the Dark Imperium challenge. The Hellblasters. I managed to work on these, and the Intercessors at the same time. Cutting a few corners. but able to keep the standard as high as I would like.
I have set myself the challenge of finishing off the Dark Imperium set before the new Indomitus box set comes out. This is the second squad of Intercessors, the squad of Hellblasters will be very soon after these!