So, I haven’t been too well recently, so it has made painting difficult. However, I have managed to quickly paint up this chap to add to the recent Sergeant Centurius I did a while ago.
Sorry for the poor picture quality, can’t get the lighting just right at the moment.
Well, my project to rescue this old model has been a nice little success.
There are parts of the model, such as the face and the skull he is holding, that lost a fair bit of detail in the process, but I think I have managed to fix them well enough.
I must admit, I would love a squad of these guys to go alongside him! :O
So he is pretty much done. I was debating about how best to replace his backpack. I know banners allow for some cool artwork, but I tend to leave them out, as they just strike me as being very impractical.
I tried to make his face look a little more leathery and sunken. I spent a bit of time goggling corpses, which was a jolly experience and I am sure someone in law enforcement is having a field day with my google history. 😀
I took a few pics to see how well the blue flames and the rest of the paint job sit together. Quite happy with it!
Every now and then I come across and old battered model from my youth that I want to try and rescue, and in this case it’s Sergeant Centurious!
Some of the details have been really hammered away on this guy, mostly around the face and the skull he is holding (the Animum Malorium), but I do like trying to rescue an old model, especially a classic like this one.