A few days ago I had a game with my brother and we took a few videos. I have done my best to put these videos into a battle report. The video quality isn’t great, this was a test run and hopefully next time I will have a better camera!
Quick update, this guy is nearly finished. Need to glaze the hands a little more to get a darker flesh tone, and obviously need to touch things up here and there. Other than that I need to do the base then build four more and then squad complete!
Over the weekend I have been working away at a number of things.
Firstly the sixth possessed marine is coming along nicely. I try to put a decent amount of time into these sorts of minis because it’s pretty satisfying to see the end result, especially when they are all in a finished squad.
However I also try to keep in mind they are just table top minis, they aren’t showcase (by any stretch of the imagination). However these models really do deserve some more attention at some point in the future, and I may spend a week or so at some point just working on one model.
Additionally this weekend i cracked open the green stuff and got back into sculpting. It’s been an age since I did any sculpting and I want to get a bit more experience at it before attempting my landraider. First up was a converted banner arm for my possessed.
And secondly some rider legs for my biker champion (for when I eventually get round to doing some bikers).
Neither of these are finished, they need tidying up and more details added, but all in all it was a productive weekend!
I can’t say it the best miniature I have ever painted. The raised metal areas are a real pain, and the “feet” of the miniature are ridiculous. They really make the whole model deserve its nickname of “Helturkey”.
But I do like the overall shape and the the theme of the model. Pilot merged with Daemon merged with vehicle. But I think it could have been executed much better in areas. Plus the model is a real paint to glue together.
Anyway, here are some pics! I will be finishing the base later tonight.
I managed to get the neck pretty much done (still needs blood added to it) and started on the head.
The reasoning behind using the flesh tone I have picked is because I am heavily inspired by the Akira mutations, as seen in the film “Akira”! If you haven’t watched the movie (for shame) this is what I mean.
I did attempt to paint the pipes varying colours to show different levels of pressure on the skin, but it ended up looking a little weird.
Anyway, I am hoping to finish the head tonight, then it will just be a case of painting the torso and then it’s done!